Saturday, July 16, 2011

I found my neighbors cat in our front yard its breathing was labored and it had blood in its mouth?

we think it was attacked by a coyote. Does the blood in the mouth, drool, mean it might have suffered internal damage? It had a bite on top of its head, that wasn't bleeding very bad. One side of its face was soaked with saliva when I first found it. I sat with it to make sure the coyote didn't come back and its breathing returned to normal. I put it in the neighbors garage until they get home in the morning. The cat was able to walk a little, and its breathing slowed back down, I'm wondering if the coyote was scared off in time and if the cat will have a chance of recovery if its okay until its owner returns. What should my neighbor do next if she comes home and the cat is okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment